As one of the world’s largest fully integrated energy enterprises, Saudi Aramco not only looks for individuals who can meet our expectations, but for those individuals who can exceed them. Our intent is to become the world’s leading integrated energy company.
The Northern Area Reservoir Characterization Department is actively seeking a Development Geologist.
As the successful applicant you will conduct reservoir characterization on clastic and/or carbonate reservoirs, and perform G&G data integration for geological models. You will have the experience to provide well operation support through well planning, placement, monitoring, and geo-steering with minimal supervision.
You will have a good understanding of geophysics and petrophysics, and possess a wide knowledge of LWD, wireline logging technologies, and applications. As the successful candidate you will have in-depth experience of applications that are used for conducting reservoir development studies, and drilling operations (mapping, correlation, and well planning).
location: Saudi Arabia
You will be required to perform the following:
- Conduct reservoir characterization studies, including log-to-core integration, core description, mapping, sequence stratigraphy, and conceptual geological modeling.
- Perform well planning, create well target data with reservoir and drilling engineers, generate well trajectories and load the directional data, and prepare geological prognoses (including: tops, cross sections, and correlation panels).
- Oversee 24-hour operational and geo-steering activities for all types of wells (horizontal, deviated, and vertical) in the office, or onsite when needed. This will include monitoring and tracking wells, performing well evaluations during and post-drilling, making well correlations, generating and/or updating maps for structural, stratigraphic, fluid limits in light of new drilling information, and make critical decisions for wellbore adjustments.
- Interact with concerned geoscientists, reservoir management engineers, and drilling workover engineers, in the Northern Area Reservoir Characterization Department. You will communicate clearly with all parties involved in drilling activities, and prepare the post-drilling analysis.
Work location: Saudi Arabia
As the successful candidate you will have a Bachelors’ degree in Geology.
- You will have 8+ years of experience in development geology. This will cover practical experience in reservoir characterization, well planning, drilling operations, coring, and logging.
- You will have a minimum of 2 years of experience in geo-steering (with triple combo log) and real-time operations, and be familiar with LWD or wireline borehole image interpretation.
- Familiarity with rig operations, and vendor logging systems is required.