Azzawiya Oil Refining Company (ARC) was established under the Libyan National Oil Corporation’s Decision, and was given the registration number of 1572 at the Libyan Commercial Register. It started production in 1974 when its first Process Plant was inaugurated, giving an output capacity of 60, 000 BPD of refined oil. In 1977, the second twin Process Plant was added with similar output. In 1980, Azzawiya Asphalt Plant was opened, after which Benghazi Asphalt Plant followed in 1984 with an output of 200,000 tons per annum. In 1983, the Lube Oil Plant property was transferred to the Company. This plant produces 60,000 tons per annum of lubricating oils. The main target of establishing the Company was to fulfill the increasing local demand for oil derivatives, besides exporting any surplus products to global markets. In designing this Refinery, international standards were adhered to. Safety and individual, as well as environmental, protection were taken into consideration. Azzawiya Oil Refining Company still abides by, and always will, international standards; therefore, it stands on equal footing with other oil refining companies both locally and globally. The Company exercises its utmost to perform its activities in the best manner possible. It also aspires to contribute to the welfare and prosperity of Libya as a whole.
Sector: Oil & Energy
Year Established: 1974