Generation of electricity in Delhi started with a 2 MW diesel set in 1903. After independence Rajghat Power House ?A? was installed in 1951 with 5 MW capacity. Delhi Electric Supply Undertaking (DESU) came into existence In 1958 and two Units of 9.6 MW capacity each were installed as Rajghat Power House ?B?. In the second five year plan, three diesel generating sets totaling 20 MW were installed at different locations in Delhi. As a first major step towards making Delhi self sufficient in power, first unit of 36.6 MW was installed in 1963 at Indraprastha Power Station. A 15 mw unit was installed at Rajghat in 1966 followed by three units of 67.5MW each in 1967-68 at Indraprastha Power Station. Delhi Electric Supply Undertaking was restructured and Delhi Vidyut Board was formed in 1997.
Sector: Oil & Energy
Year Established: 1903