This Virtual Reality Geology Field Trip will explore outcrop of a proven reservoir sandstone formation from the UK Continental Shelf.
The user will be able to move around the high quality 3D imagery of the actual outcrop, and will be guided to examine all aspects of this low-sinuosity fluvial sandstone including grain size and sorting, channel architecture, cross bedding forms, clay interbeds, reactivation surfaces.
Benefits of Virtual Reality based Geology Field Trips:
- Learners are not exposed to any health and safety risks or concerns
- Learners face no downtime for traveling or incur high accommodation, transportation or insurance costs
- The learning is inclusive for all staff, irrespective of their fitness, mobility, work commitments and personal circumstances
- Learners can access the content at their convenience based on their individual work schedule
- The content can be viewed several times until the learning outcomes are understood by the group or individual
- Access to the field trip is not dependent on external factors like poor weather and available 24/7
- Learners have greater control in how they would like to view the outcrop as there are no physical limitations. Learners are able to ascend or fly over the outcrop for different viewing angles
- Learners will have additional information and data about the geological outcrop, as part of the learning content
- Learners from different business units across the same organisation can access the content, defraying the learning costs