Black & VeatchApply Job
Are you currently looking for new career opportunities ?
Sign Up and apply for jobs on NrgEdge today!
Atonix Digital develops and offers a suite of software powered by the ASSET360® cloud-based analytics platform. Our solutions create a multidimensional view of systems, infrastructure assets and processes to boost efficiency, increase accuracy of planning and improve day-to-day decision-making in an ever-changing landscape at more than 100 businesses worldwide.
We help clients rethink their standard business operations and restructure their decision-making processes to ensure planning and performance meet consumer demands profitably.
The word Atonix was inspired by the naval term “aid to navigation,” often referred to as “ATON.” It’s any device or marker external to a vessel or aircraft intended to assist navigators in determining their position or safe course, or to warn them of dangers or obstructions to navigation. Similar to how an ATON aids travelers during nautical or aviation navigation, Atonix Digital helps our clients navigate through big data.
Atonix Digital is a wholly owned subsidiary of Black & Veatch.
We are looking for an experienced, talented, and motivated AWS DevOps Engineer with significant experience in Windows, AWS, and DevOps Automation to be a key member of a small, skilled, results-oriented team of technology professionals. The role involves broad responsibility for maintaining and enhancing our AWS cloud environment. Duties include monitoring, optimization, automation, data maintenance, and support. The AWS DevOps Engineer should be a thought leader who designs and develops processes and systems to improve efficiencies and effectiveness within the Atonix Digital technical space.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with development teams to integrate their projects into the production and test AWS environments and ensure their ongoing support.
• Gain a deep application-level knowledge of the systems as well as contribute to their overall design.
• Be a DevOps champion - work closely with other internal teams to build security, reliability, and scalability into the development lifecycle.
• Dive deep into the software stack to troubleshoot as needed.
• Build engineering automation and productivity tools to streamline and scale applications in the production environment.
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to application development, deployment and operations.
• Architect and implement reliable infrastructure services on AWS, from the ground up, to deliver highly scalable services.
• Work with a team of peers who are smart, professional, pull their own weight, and share a passion for what they are creating.
• Serve in an on-call rotation as an escalation contact for critical production issues.
• A few examples of technologies we work with on a daily basis: AWS, Windows, MS SQL Server, DynamoDB, VSTS
• BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent. A relevant Master's degree is a plus.
• 5+ years of experience with Windows 2008R2 / 2012.
• 3+ years of experience administering Amazon Web Services accounts and working with AWS services (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, CloudFormation, RDS, etc).
• Very strong scripting and automation skills – you believe you can automate just about everything.
• Proficiency with the AWS CLI.
• Experience using configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform.
• Application Performance Monitoring and Log aggregation at scale.
• Microservices infrastructure applications such as Service Discovery, Configuration Service, API Gateway.
• RDBMS experience such as MS SQL Server.
• NoSQL experience such as DynamoDB.
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code.
• A solid Ops foundation – you are always thinking, “what happens if this fails?” when you build things.
• Experience working in an iterative-based development environment using Agile/SCRUM/Kanban.
• Familiarity with build & release automation tools and methodologies.
• An appreciation for pragmatism and simplicity in systems architecture.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Relevant certifications are a plus.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Be accurate and deliver quality. Have a “roll up your sleeves and dive in” attitude.
• Excellent, collaborative team player with communication skills to match.
• Adaptable and flexible in meeting demands. You are relentless and passionate to get the job done.
• Proactive – you take responsibility and own the solution within a collaborative team environment.
• Work well under pressure and thrive in a demanding environment. Excellence is an expectation.
• Demonstrated proactivity in capitalizing on opportunities and resolving issues.
• Intellectually curious – prepared to challenge and be challenged.
• Constantly strive to learn new technologies and look for ways to stay up to date in this rapidly changing industry.