Employee Relations and Employee Engagement
- Manage local consultation processes and requirements
- Manage external risks and ensure compliance with external legislative requirements
- Support legal entity related boards (e.g. Supervisory boards)
- Provide country specific SME ER/IR advice
- Act as trusted advisor/ offer coaching for front line LMs (formal/informal)
- Develop and leverage relationship with internal Employee Representative bodies
- Translate global ER philosophy to local ER Strategy and plan
- Run proactive interventions aimed at improving quality of leadership/ employee engagement through line managers
- Develop and execute country-specific culture and work environment programmes incl. health and welfare design and application
- Drive and support an inclusive workforce and the overall D&I agenda for the Country
- Manage high-impact or high-risk individual or collective disciplinary, grievance or other ER/IR issues.
- Represent Shell externally as a recognised expert in country-specific issues
- Prevent and manage industrial action
- Have oversight and influence of major contractors in their IR strategy/tactics where applicable (liaise with CP)
- Assess IR management component of contractor tenders and manage relationship with employers of contractors (regulation of terms, co-employment risk)
HSSE, Compliance & Ethics
- Set up local crisis management governance and manage HR angle of crisis in collaboration with key stakeholders like Country Chair, RE, Health and Services
- Sense (also through the line and HR Advice) what goes on in the organization and anticipate what topics can grow into grievances
- Lead HR investigations, GHL complaints and other grievances
- Ensure duty of care towards employees and contractors (worker welfare)
Capability and community building
- Ensure robust information & knowledge management relating to country specific ER/IR content
- Collaborate with HR Expertise to ensure good solid knowledge of Labor Practices standards internally and keeping up to date with the external news and development
- Coach HR Advisors and Line Managers on quality ER, Ethics & Compliance
- A Bachelor or Master Degree in related field or Human Resource Management would be an advantage.
- Strong communications / interpersonal & presentation skills.
- Ability to work in teams and networks.
- Personal Leadership and initiative.
- Learning Orientation & an Enterprise First mindset.
- Good command of written and spoken English and Thai.
HR professionalism – protect our license to operate. Country ER/IR Advisors should be the experts on employee engagement, industrial relations and complex case management:
- Able to identify and understand local external market trends (economic, political, social) and derives insights to drive effective a long-term ER/IR environment.
- Organizational health/capability diagnostic and design skills.
- Strong diagnostic and evaluation skills – able to distill key themes and value drivers from complex and sometimes conflicting data and insights.
- Influencing skills to effectively manage a broad range of both external and internal stakeholders including 3rd party bodies and government agencies.
- Deep subject matter expertise in country-specific ER/IR legislation, regulations, directives, practices and processes
- Deep subject matter expertise in country-specific employee representative processes