Michael PageApply Job
Are you currently looking for new career opportunities ?
Sign Up and apply for jobs on NrgEdge today!
Opportunity to get assosicated with a Fortune 500 company
Opprtunity to head EHS globally for a $ 3 Bn chemical setup
About Our Client
Our client is a publicly listed, multiproduct Indian conglomerate with an annual turnover of over $ 3bn with a multi-product portfolio spanning across industrial chemicals, bulk and specialty chemicals, Insulators, Chlor Alkali Chemicals. They currently have 8 manufacturing facilities in India and 7 manufacturing facilities abroad. They are looking for an Environment Health Safety (EHS) Head reporting into the President-Supply Chain and based out of Mumbai.
Reporting into the President-Supply Chain and managing a team of HSE heads at 15 different sites globally, you will be responsible for:
* Identifying & understanding key statutory regulations (Factory Act, Environment Protection Act, etc.)
* Driving and leading monthly cross functional internal audits, field surveys, etc. to identify compliance-related gaps and Outlining initiatives & action plans to bridge gaps
* Monitoring & preparing reports for external safety audit and Liaising with regulators and authorities for approvals and clearances as required for the plant operations
* Ensuring effluent treatment & environment-friendly disposal of waste and regularly monitoring stack discharge and drive initiatives to reduce emissions for compliance
* Creating a safety culture and propagate safety-first safety-must agenda in the plants.
* Defining & updating guidelines for safe operations of plant and Preparing safety plans for emergency situations and conducting safety drills
* Leading PSM related initiatives at the plants
* Identifying key EHS-related risks and Leading cross functional teams to develop & implement risk mitigation action plans
* Investigating accidents, conducting RCA, preparing & implementing action plans to eliminate future accidents
* Reviewing safety plans for major maintenance, unit shutdown and turnaround activities and Maintaining accident records & statistics.
* Undertaking initiatives to develop clean and green environment around the plant and also Health initiatives such as health check-up camps, etc. at plant.
* Regularly reviewing the stock level for consumables (gloves, etc.) and other material (extinguishers, etc.) and then initiating procurement / contracting of EHS-related material
The Successful Applicant
Ideally you are a Full Time Engineer and a Post Graduate Diploma in Health, Safety & Environment with 18+ years of experience in Chemicals and other related process industry. You should have In-depth knowledge of International Fire & Safety standards and specifications and the statutory regulations pertaining to various Acts in India. You should have Demonstrated ability to create a holistic safe environment for operations in similar plants. You should have strong oral and written communication. You should have demonstrated excellent track record in your last roles and should be ready for the next challenging role in a large organization.
What's on Offer
Great Work Culture
Great Work Life Balance