Provide expertise and support to modification and construction projects on loss prevention engineering and technical safety approach to ensure all HSE hazards are identified, risks assessed and managed with the ALARP concept.
- Providing expertise and technical safety inputs, review, comment and approval including monitoring contractor’s engineering design to comply with requirements and regulatory specification. Provide consultation and apply loss prevention process throughout all phases of new projects development and brown field including concept studies, FEED, detail engineering, construction, installation, commissioning, and startup.
- Ensure all studies conducted by consultants and contractors are conducted with high technical safety expertise and overseeing methodology to ensure an appropriate and consistent approach to work is being undertaken and compliant to HSE Management philosophy. Ensure all new project development and brown field project comply with statutory obligations and regulations applicable for each location and type of activities.
Review approval of ‘Approved For Comment’ (AFC) documents for FEED, Detailed Design, and Installation Engineering and drawings and ensure as-built completeness and correctness.
- Provide technical support and guidance during fabrication and construction at yard, onshore pre
- commissioning, and offshore hook-up and commissioning.
- Site visit and meetings with engineering consultants/contractors/suppliers in the engineering office, onshore fabrication yard, and offshore sites. Raise and discuss key or critical technical issues with the section head and manager to develop cost-effective solutions, using best operating practice and current industry design criteria.
Lead, facilitate and participate in technical risk assessment (E.g HAZOP, HAZID). Thereafter, prepare Risk Assessment Report and gain acceptance from line management on the adoption of recommendations to ensure accurate assessment of risk posed, and that adequate control and recovery barriers are identified.
- Responsible for technical standards, providing advice, endorsing approval, proposed changes of the issues relating to Technical Safety, including provide an advice on whether proposals to change, recommend additional mitigation if necessary or to deviate from a standard and ensure the proposal has been described with the presence of both opportunities and threats that may occur from the change. Seek to engage TA2 as when required.
- Advising the residual risk level after putting mitigation measures in the system.
- Reviewing initial risk assessment and mitigation actions or planned measures for initial Assessed Risk up to ALARP.
- Participating in MOC-Joint Review meeting and reviewing closure of the MOC process.
- Manage, analyze and evaluate vendor/outsource parties relationships, third party work performance to ensure compliance of contractual agreement and Service Level Agreement (SLA) and responsible to the quality standard services are delivered to end users align with guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- To execute tender plan initiation and contract establishment as per the agreed Master Procurement Plan (MPP) on a yearly basis. To follow up with the stakeholders for any feedback and concerns and participate in any Sit In Review (SIR) session for technical and commercial clarification from the Shareholders and to ensure the contract is ready timely to avoid any interruption to the operation.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Develop and implement company technical safety-related policies and procedures and specifications in line with current industry codes, best practices and ensure compliance with business requirements, strategies, and objectives.
- Enforce the implementation of applicable MTJA and shareholders’ procedures and guidelines and affect the compliance to statutory and legislative requirements in order to ensure conformance to the established Limits of Authority (LOA), policies and government regulations.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT (HSE)
Implement and ensure occupational safety, health and environment policy and related activities are effectively implemented in all areas of work in order to meet HSE plan and targets.
Perform other related duties as assigned by Superior.
• Bachelor’s or Master Degree in Chemical Engineering.
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in Process Plant Engineering, Procurement, Construction related Industry including at least 6 Years in brown field Technical Safety engineering (Conceptual, FEED, Detail design, and Commissioning) of offshore platforms, wellhead platforms, central processing platforms, utility platforms for oil and gas installation
- This is a 2 year contract role