• Projects
  • Al-Karaana Petrochemical Complex

Al-Karaana Petrochemical Complex

Created by NrgEdge Staff
Location: Qatar
lng terminals in india

Details:

  • Status

    Future

  • Category

    Petrochemicals

  • Sector

    Oil & Gas

  • Sub-sector

    Downstream

  • Production Capacity (barrels/day or MW)

Are you involved in this projects? Join NrgEdge to find
project members and showcase your achievements to this projects

Description:

Al-Karaana Petrochemical Complex is a proposed olefins and derivatives plant, which will be located at Ras Laffan Industrial City in northern Qatar. The project is being developed by a joint venture (JV) of Qatar Petroleum (QP), which holds an 80% share in the project, and Shell, holding the remaining 20% share. The Front-End Engineering and Design (FEED) works for the complex are being carried out by Fluor. The JV had completed the selection of key technologies for its derivatives processes, even before the announcement of the FEED contractor in February 2013. The new complex is expected to come online in 2018. The main component of the project is the construction of a mono-ethylene glycol (MEG) plant. The contract to develop a basic engineering package (BEP) which covers the FEED work for the MEG plant was awarded to Foster Wheeler's subsidiary Global Engineering and Construction Group in September 2012.

olefins and derivatives plant mono-ethylene glycol (MEG) plant Al-Karaana Ras Laffan Industrial City
3
0 0